Andy Greff (PLNAR) on Where Entrepreneurs Go Wrong When Bringing Products to Market
Andy Greff is the CEO at PLNAR, a company that uses mobile AR to help quickly create 3D models of any room of a home, and ties it to a workflow for insurance or home remodeling. PLNAR just announced the closing of a $4M round of financing from The Venture Reality Fund, ManchesterStory, and others.
Prior to PLNAR, Andy was the VP Products and General Manager at Phunware, where he brought more than a hundred mobile products to market for major brands and small companies. Before that he was a product leader at Motive, and then its acquirer, Nokia’s Alcatel Lucent, where he built and brought to market many enterprise mobile solutions.
In this conversation, Andy and I talk about how incorporating the latest AR technology propelled PLNAR forward as well as some of the key use cases for his solution around insurance and home remodeling.
We talk about the power of innovating 20% of a solution, and imitating the other 80%. We also talk about the importance of founder-market fit, and where startups often go wrong when trying to bring their products to market.
Full disclosure: I’m an investor in PLNAR.
If you like what you hear, please subscribe, rate, and review the podcast from your favorite player.
Links From The Episode
- PLNAR on the iTunes App Store
- Book: No-Nonsense Management: A General Manager's Primer by Richard Sloma
- Book: Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Game Changers, and Challengers by Alexander Osterwalder & Yves Pigneur
- Business Model Canvas summary and worksheet
- Lean Stack and their variation on the Business Model Canvas, the Lean Canvas