Vinay Narayan (HTC Vive) on Making an Impact on the Community
Vinay Narayan is the Vice President of Product Management and Operations for HTC Vive. There he oversees a portfolio of products for HTC including XR, Mobile, 5G communications and other emerging technologies.
Vinay is also very active in the XR community including as a keynote speaker as well as a board member and advisor for various VR and AR companies. He loves talking about product and go-to-market strategy and is more interested in the problems to be solved than the technology used to solve them.
In this conversation, Vinay talks about HTC Vive’s strategy as it relates to VR, AR, and 5G. And from his vantage point at HTC, Vinay shares advice for both investors and startups.
He believes in-home adoption for VR will scale only after there is a reason to use VR outside of the home. It’s at work where he sees ROI & investment happening today. He notes that content may be king, but only if there is a kingdom.
He also provides his perspective on building a community and creating an impact on the ecosystem.
Links From The Episode
- Developer Tool: Vive SRWorks SDK
- Accelerator: Vive X - Global VR Accelerator
- Product: HTC Vive Focus Plus (https://enterprise.vive.com/us/focus-plus/)
- Article: Rinnai America Using VR to Demonstrate How Easy It Is To Install A Tankless Water Heater – Increases Lead Generation by 50% by Groove Jones
- Article: Bell Says Latest Helicopter was Designed 10 Times Faster With VR by Road to VR
- White Paper: Virtual Reality as a Corporate Training Tool at Intel
- Article: Breaking With Tradition: How adidas Improved Their Workflow With Collaborative VR
- Company: SimforHealth - healthcare training levering VR
- Article: "Jurassic World" Hits On Formula For VR Arcade Success by Forbes
- Book: Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration by Ed Catmull and Amy Wallace